Company: Deep Cove Stage Society
General Auditions for the 2017-2018 Season Shows
Bram Stoker’s “Dracula”, Noel Coward’s “Blithe Spirit” and Lerner and Loewe’s “Camelot”
Audition Dates: Tuesday, June 13 from 5-10pm by appointment only. For an appointment slot email email@example.com with your headshot, resume, and a half-hour time frame that would work for you. Latecomers may not be seen depending on availability of appointment times. Be punctual!
Audition Address: Deep Cove Shaw Theatre, 4360 Gallant Avenue, North Vancouver, BC
Dracula – Run dates Oct 6 – 21, 2017
Playwright: Adapted for the stage by Liz Lochhead, from Bram Stoker’s novel
Director: Amy Starkey and Clive Scarff
Cast Requirements: Gender neutral casting will be considered for several roles
- Mina Westerman – female 20s, a proper Victorian lady
- Lucy Westerman – female 20s, a not-so-proper Victorian lady
- Florrie Hathersage – female any age, a tart-tongued maid to Mina/Lucy
- Arthur Seward – male 20-30s, a psychiatrist at Bedlam Asylum
- Jonathan Harker – male 20-30s, a law clerk, Mina’s fiance
- Dracula – The Count of Transylvania, ageless immortal
- Van Helsing – Vampire hunter, any age/gender
- Renfield – a Bedlam Asylum patient, any age/gender
- Asylum nurses / staff
NB: There will be some doubling up of roles; this script contains adult themes with some sexuality and possibly partial nudity for the role of Lucy and the vampires.
Set in Victorian England, the immortal tale is re-told with Mina and Lucy awaiting their heart’s desires, while Mina’s fiancé visits the mysterious Dracula’s castle…
Audition Notes: Please prepare classic and contemporary contrasting monologues no longer than 3 minutes. Sides will also be available.
Blithe Spirit – Run dates April 6 – 21, 2018
Playwright: Noel Coward
Director: Jacqollyne Keath
Cast requirements: British Accents are required for this production (5 women and 2 men)
- Charles Condomine – male (50-60)
- Ruth Condomine, the second wife – female (45-60)
- Elvira Condomine, the first wife – female (20-40)
- Madame Arcati, a medium – female (55-65)
- Doctor Bradman, a friend – male (40-65)
- Mrs. Bradman, friend – female (45-65)
- Edith, the maid – female (20-50)
A timeless comedy exploring love and marriage, a dinner party turns into mayhem when Madame Arcati’s séance provokes the late first wife of the host.
Camelot Run dates June 15-30, 2018
Playwright: Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe
Director: Chalene Scott
Cast requirements: Flexible casting. Singing not required for this general audition. Singing auditions will take place at a later date. Minimal dancing will be required.
- Arthur – male (20-32)
- Guinevere – female (18-30)
- Lancelot – male (20-30)
- Merlyn – male (8-11)
- Pellinore – male (over 65)
- Morgan le Fey – female (25-40)
- Squire Dap – (13-16)
- Sir Dinadan – male (25-50)
- Ensemble and the Royal Court – all ages, ethnicities, and genders
Synopsis: Will Princess Guinevere be the best thing that ever happened to Arthur or the downfall of an empire? A fresh take on the age-old story of King Arthur.
These are non-equity productions. Actors cast are required to become a member of Deep Cove Stage Society at the first rehearsal. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org